I want to tell you about a client of mine. She’s a lovely lady that’s 83 years young. She raised a number of beautiful, successful children, has run many successful businesses, has fantastic taste and a flair for philanthropy. She’s a woman ahead of her time. She taught me the difference between an ipod and an MP3 player. I’m not kidding. She’s smart, beautiful and wise.
And she hates her belly.
She bemoans the flaps under her arms.
She’s sick to death of her thighs.
And that makes me want to cry. This is what we all have to look forward to ladies. If you’ve been thinking that you’d miraculously stop obsessing over the shape and size of your body when you turned 40, or 50, or 80, think again!
I, for one have had enough. Enough of society telling me I need to look a certain way to be accepted, or to even accept myself. I’ve had enough of airbrushing, and size 6 actresses playing “fat girls”. I’ve had it with out-of-shape, unattractive TV husbands (even the CARTOONS) having beautiful, healthy wives just because it’s more pleasing to people. Personally, I’ve had enough of lamenting over the size of my thighs and constantly comparing myself to other women. I’ve had enough of thinking my life would be better if only I fit into a size 2. More than anything, I’ve had enough of hearing wonderful, intelligent, talented and beautiful women spend so much time and energy on getting rid of their cellulite.
I mean, really? We’re spending billions of dollars on a weight-loss industry that DOOMS us to failure! In fact, much of it is DESIGNED to fail! Let’s face it ladies, they’re counting on us being REPEAT customers! Think about the last year. How many diet books did you buy? How much of your time was spent thinking about, preparing for or following a diet? How much money did you spend on fitness videos, equipment or gym memberships you barely used? How about diet pills? Did you go out and get some raspberry ketones when Dr. OZ talked about them? Now think about the past five years. Depressed yet?
I think it’s time to step off this wheel of pain and torment, don’t you?
I think it’s time to stop wasting time on changing our bodies for the sake of fitting in or being accepted. I think it’s time to stop comparing ourselves to other women and start appreciating all the varying types of body shapes. I think it’s time to start focusing on moving and eating for health, energy, happiness and longevity instead of the number on the scale. I think it’s time we stopped giving a rip what everybody else thinks about our bodies, good, bad or otherwise and just started loving ourselves.
I think it’s time we started taking care of ourselves because it’s important to US.
And I believe that’s how we manifest TRUE beauty. I believe that when our outer bodies become a reflection of internal love and acceptance we radiate and vibrate at a different frequency. That frequency is light, its love, its confidence and security. And it draws people to us like moths to a flame. Some would call it charm or charisma; I call it connection to who you really are.
When you come to a place of loving and accepting yourself so completely that you no longer need the acceptance or approval of others, you are truly free. I know it sounds backwards, but you have to release your need to be accepted in order to be completely accepted.
That’s why I do what I do. I want you to be free. Free from the expectations of others. Free from negative self-talk and low self-esteem. Free from needing approval. Free to be the beautiful being you already are!
I know what it’s like to struggle with weight issues. It’s not fun.
I started gaining weight as a pre-teen. My after school snacks included bowls of peanut butter and corn syrup. My oldest brother once teased me that I had enough ice cream in my bowl for “a family of five”. My other brother called me buffalo butt. Kids at school called me “chocolate moose”.
My best friend was what I lovingly refer to as a “fit bitch” and I couldn’t help but compare myself to her, and I came up REALLY short. No matter where I went or what I did, being fat was always on my mind. I felt like a blimp. Nothing I wore was attractive. My dumb jock of a gym teacher repeatedly singled me and my fat friends out as being slow and lazy. In grade seven, a girl I looked up to, took one look at my lunch and said to me “no wonder you’re so fat, look at all the food you eat.”
My 15th summer I lost 20lbs. I left my first year of high school chubby and unhappy and came back for grade ten as a new person, or so everyone thought. My motivation? An anorexic friend. It was about that time that my obsession with food and exercise began. I had an old stationary bike that my grandparents figured would be better off in my possession than collecting dust in their basement and I rode it so much that I wore the tension wheel to a mere stub. Much to my father’s delight, (I really wish someone would invent a sarcasm font), I did hours of step aerobics in my room, directly above the living room. When my parents refused to buy me another piece of exercise equipment for Christmas, my boyfriend bought me a stepper, which I also used so much that I broke the welds. I was the first girl to join the weight club at school. I started reading “Flex” and “Muscle and Fitness” magazines. Bodybuilding superstar Cory Everson became my hero.
On the diet front, I did my best, considering I was 15 and didn’t know squat about nutrition. I bought Toned-Fast and Dexatrim with my own money. I drank skim milk, I ate my vegetables. When a friend’s mother commented on my weight loss my response was “I want to be a nutritionist, so I thought I’d better look the part.” But the sugar cravings wouldn’t be ignored. At my after school job I’d try to resist the chocolate bar rack with all my might, only to cave, rip open a wrapper and eat 2/3rd’s of the bar before my guilty conscious took over and tossed the rest of it in the trash. Thirty minutes later, as soon as the guilt wore off I’d tear into another and repeat the entire process, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a night. I’d go home in a sugar and guilt haze and make myself throw up to abate the guilt. I was never diagnosed as bulimic or anorexic, but I certainly used the old finger down the throat trick more than once so I didn’t cry myself to sleep. My weight started to creep up again and I fought it tooth and nail in a desperate cycle of exercise, dieting, deprivation and depression.
Life changed a little in my twenties. I was away from mom’s home-cooked meals and my bedroom fitness centre. I was working in the fast food industry, trying to find my place in life, dreams of becoming a nutritionist dashed and I quickly gained 20 pounds. Life was pretty miserable. Here I was, living what was supposed to be the best time of my life and I had yet to experience any real sense of pride in who I was. The extra 20-30 pounds poisoned every part of my life. Sure I had friends, but I was jealous, I was unhappy, I put other people down in an attempt to hide my own inadequacy. Basically I was a fat bitch.
I knew a lot about nutrition and exercise by this point, but having the knowledge certainly wasn’t enough to put it into practice. Even if I was very careful with my diet and exercise for a period of weeks or even months, I would quickly fall into a spiral of defeat when my weight refused to budge. I constantly watched the scale, letting it dictate how I felt about myself and how I interacted with people in my life.
Later on in my twenties I returned to, and intensified the dedicated diet and exercise regimen I had started in my teens. I counted calories, I kept food journals, I cut butter out of my diet, I ate pitas instead of bread. I avoided drinking coffee so I wouldn’t have the extra calories from cream and sugar. I took nutrition courses here and there. I would workout in the morning after a twelve hour night shift at my factory job. I was able to peel away a few of those extra pounds, but it was never enough. No matter how much I lost, I still had the same fat programming. Even at the thinnest I’ve ever been in my life, I felt fat.
I couldn’t stop trying to find the solutions to this deep-seated unhappiness, so I delved into further learning, believing that I just didn’t know the “secret” yet. I became a holistic nutritionist, then a personal trainer, then a sports nutritionist. I devoured book after book, tried diet after diet, went to every conceivable professional that I thought could help me including a therapist, homeopaths, naturopaths, other nutritionists etc. I sought and sought.
And then one day I found….
EFT (the Emotional Freedom Technique), first came to me through a diet book. I tried it, but didn’t have much success and put it on the shelf for about a year. Then it came across my desk again, and again, and AGAIN, so I thought I’d better pay attention. Since then I can’t describe how much my life has changed.
EFT and the other emotional releasing modalities that I’ve learned since have given me the sense of well-being and peace about my body for which I had been searching for 20 years or more. I know that what I’ve learned can help those that are struggling with their body and their weight in the same way that it helped me.
“Attend” my FREE workshop on Overcoming Self-Sabotage and Emotional Eating RIGHT HERE!
I’ve developed a number of programs to teach this valuable information that has benefited me so greatly, and I know it will benefit you as well.
Help me help you! Fill out the survey now and I’ll be in touch to schedule your complimentary session!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world’s leading questionnaire tool.
All programs teach the same information with varying levels of support.
In all programs you’ll learn:
1) How to do EFT. “EFT is a powerful technique that has helped thousands, if not millions of people make peace with their deeply subconscious blocks to achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight. EFT provides two remarkable benefits for weight loss that sets it apart from other methods:
Benefit #1 – EFT Can Reduce or Eliminate Your Immediate Cravings: Using EFT for 1 or 2 minutes can arrest your cravings in an estimated 80% of the cases. Thus, you may no longer need to “eat when you are not hungry.” This feature surprises most newcomers.
Benefit #2 – EFT Can Reduce or Eliminate Emotional Overeating: If you have been using food to “tranquilize” years of past emotional hurts, then you may find EFT to be your best friend. EFT can bring you more emotional peace which, in turn, can lead to more sensible eating habits. This emotional contributor, which EFT is designed to address, is the missing piece in most weight loss programs.” -Gary Craig, inventor of EFT
2) Using EFT you’ll learn how to find and release limiting beliefs, subconscious blocks and traumas that lead to the self-sabotage behaviours that keep you stuck such as:
- EFT for cravings
- EFT for the roots of self-sabotage and eating when you’re not hungry
- Attitudes towards food – how do you think and feel about food? Is food a form of reward or punishment?
- Attitudes towards exercise- how do you think and feel about exercise? Is exercise a chore or is it fun?
- EFT to help you find the internal motivation to exercise so you’ll actually WANT to exercise!
- EFT on the root cause of the emotions of dieting, deprivation, restriction, guilt, frustration etc.
- EFT on identity- sometimes we don’t know who we’ll be when we reach our ideal weight, we can’t identify with that person or even visualize it and the fear of the unknown can keep us stuck.
- EFT on how our relationships will change at our ideal weight, not only with ourselves, but also with our spouses, our siblings, our co-workers, our friends. Fear of someone else being jealous can keep us stuck as well. Whenever something in us changes, our relationship dynamics change and we need to get that out of the way.
- EFT on any fears, illogical or not, about what could happen to us when we reach our ideal weight and we’ll explore your mental connections to any possible negative consequences of that, including what society (or your subconcious) thinks of healthy people.
- EFT on the roots of fear of re-gaining the weight or fear of failure and fear of success.
3) How to master the Law of Attraction and focus your thinking so you can achieve your weight loss goals.
4) How to eat for weight loss, based on cutting-edge science (see my 40 Day Reset for more info)
5) The best exercise for weight loss, also based on the latest science
6) Supplements that can speed up your weight loss and make you healthier overall
7) How to apply the concept of Dynamic Balance to your entire life so you can prioritize and live your life from an intentional, powerful place that will keep you healthy and happy for a LIFETIME!
The 40 Day Paleo Health Reset
Do you want to see where your emotional eating issues are? Are you ready to make a serious change to your health and your lifestyle? Then this program is for you. Not only do I give you a crash-course in holistic nutrition, hunter-gatherer style, we’ll also peel away layers of emotional eating and completely change the way you look at food forever.
I offer this program in a few different formats (click for details):
As a Homestudy Program (coming soon)
90 Days to Loving Your Body- Body Image Coaching
This program is for you if you just want and need to feel better about your body. If you constantly berate yourself for the size of your thighs or are constantly comparing yourself to others and feel like you’re coming up short and are just plain sick of it, check out the details here.
The Evolution Wellness Permanent Weight Loss Academy
This is the ultimate resource, it’ s not just a program, it’s an education. I’ve spent 20+ years learning about nutrition, exercise, EFT, Law of Attraction and spirituality. Obviously, I can’t teach you everything I know in a year. But in this all-inclusive program, I CAN teach you everything that’s pertinent to YOU in a year. Can you imagine having your own PERSONAL PROFESSOR when you were in school? How much more effective would your education have been if you had private tutoring? How would your life be different if your teachers had been able to sort through all the material and give you the gems that would be most important and most effective in YOUR life?
I tried to do this program as a three month commitment, and I learned that it’s just not enough. If it took me 20 years to learn all of this, how can I possibly teach it to you in three months? I can’t. I can’t teach it to you in six months either. It’s going to take at least a year, plain and simple. If that seems like a lot, let me ask you this; how many years have you been struggling now? How many years will you continue to struggle? Isn’t one year of “private tutoring” worth it for permanent change?
Do you know what people that have lost and maintained a long-term weight loss have in common? They become experts. If you think you can just go on a diet, lose a few pounds and then return to life as usual, I have news for you. Permanent change only comes with knowledge AND the ability to apply the knowledge.
If you’ve been struggling with your weight for a while, I’d be willing to bet that you’re already well-versed in nutrition and exercise. BUT this program isn’t about nutrition and exercise. Sure that’s part of it, but it’s mostly about the things in our way, the things that prevent us from being able to do what we already know we need to do.
If you’re COMPLETELY COMMITTED to permanently changing your life, this is your program. We drill really deep here, we leave no stone un-turned. I’m so confident that you’ll be able to make the changes you want to make and get that weight off, that if you don’t feel you’ve had permanent shifts in your life and reach within 15 pounds of your ideal weight before our year is up, your coaching is free until you do*. How’s that for guaranteed success? I thought about offering a money-back guarantee, but I know it’s not a question of whether or not you CAN be successful with this program, it’s more a question of WHEN you’ll be successful, so I will never give up on you! As long as you stay committed and meet your contract agreements, I’m positive that you WILL succeed. I’m so sure of it, that I’m willing to risk working for free until you do. If it takes a little longer, that’s okay, WE WILL GET YOU THERE and I will support you the entire time.
In this package you’ll get:
- 12 months of “private school” weight-loss coaching, via telephone or Skype using EFT, Law of Attraction and other tools to release your blocks and completely change your thinking about food and weight issues
- 2 Full 8-hour days of VIP one on one training with yours truly to laser focus and break through stubborn issues
- Mp3 recordings of all of our sessions so you can always refer back to your “books”
- A comprehensive holistic health assessment and follow-ups all year
- Holistic nutrition education to learn how to eat for optimal health and a healthy body weight
- How to find and cook foods that will support both optimal health and a healthy body weight
- A complete supplementation protocol for optimal health and to speed your weight loss
- 12 months of high-quality supplements as dictated by your protocol ($1800 value)
- A complete exercise program constantly tailored to your skill and fitness level (done in person if in Kingston area, or via phone/Skype/Video for other locales)
- Grocery store tour to teach you how to shop differently for healthy food (done in person if in Kingston area, or virtually for other locales
- Health food store tour to help you navigate the world of holisitic eating
- The complete Overcoming Self-Sabotage and Emotional Eating Workbook
- Full Access to the Overcoming Self-Sabotage and Emotional Eating group teleseminar including MP3 recordings
- Email support between sessions to keep you on track
- Full VIP access to all of my live and virtual events, retreats and trainings throughout the year
Approximately 200 hours of coaching and instruction!
Due to the in-depth nature of this program, I can only accept 5-6 people per year. If this sounds like the program for you, please fill out the application and email it to Ellie@EvolutionWellness.ca and I will contact you to discuss your entry into the program, including the financial commitment. There is no commitment in filling out the application, it’s just the first step in claiming your healthy body and healthy life!
* Conditions apply. These will be discussed in full prior to registration, don’t worry there’s no commitment without full disclosure.
All of my packages are designed to cause a permanent change to your thinking and lifestyle that will result in a permanent change in your weight and your life in general. This is not a quick fix, nor a miracle solution.This is ultimately up to you. You’re the one that has to take the leap. You’re the one that has to say “yes, I’m ready to start living and acting like the person I ALREADY KNOW I AM!”
I know you know how to be healthier.You know exactly what you need to do, and how to do it, but ACTUALLY doing it is where we get hung up and that’s where personal coaching is invaluable! Adding the power of EFT to a coaching process will help you overcome the blocks that have prevented you from being able to take consistent, positive action in the past, and that is largely what gets in the way for most people that are desiring change.
Want to get started yesterday? Register here to get instant access to my Finding Dynamic Balance 3-part Course and learn more about my approach to health, happiness and life!
I’m looking forward to helping you get healthier and lighter; emotionally and physically!!